Unit 1 Friendship 重点词汇拓展及重点句型
重点词汇与短语 add up, upset, ignore, point, calm, concern, cheat, go through, set down, purpose, dare, power, suffer, settle 重点句型 1. It/ This/ That is(was)+the first/the second/...time that 从句 2. While/ When doing... 3. It is ... doing... 重点词汇拓展 upset 【原句回放】Your friend comes to school very upset. 你的朋友来上学时心烦意乱。 【点拨】upset adj. 心烦意乱的；不安的；不适的(通常不置于名词前) What made you so upset? 什么让你心烦意乱？ be upset about/over/at sth. 为某事烦心 【拓展】 (sth.) upset sb.（某事）使某人心烦意乱 (sb.) upset sth.（某人）打/弄翻某物 He made a movement and upset his glasses. 他动了一下，打翻了眼镜。 ignore 【原句回放】You will ignore the bell and go somewhere quiet to calm your friend down. 不顾铃声，去一个安静的地方安慰你朋友。 【点拨】ignore vt. （故意）不理睬，忽视；不顾，忽略（不计） She saw him coming but she ignored him. 她看到他来了，但无视他。 I can't ignore his rudeness any longer. 我再也不能无视他的粗鲁无礼了。 The policeman ignored personal danger to save a little girl. 警察不顾个人危险救小姑娘。 【拓展】ignorance n. 无知，愚昧，不知道 ignorant adj. 无知的，愚昧的，不知道的 be ignorant of sth 不知道某事 To say you were ignorant of the rules is no excuse. 说你不知道规则不是借口。 calm 【原句回放】…go somewhere quiet to calm your friend down. 去一个安静的地方使你朋友冷 静下来。 【点拨】calm adj . 平静的；镇静的，沉着的 The high wind passed and the sea was calm again. 大风过后，大海又平静了。 你会
She was really upset about the way her father treated her. 她为父亲对她的态度而烦恼。
She tried to keep calm about it. 她尽力冷静对待这件事。 vi. 平静，镇静。常用于 calm down, 表示“平静下来”。 The situation calmed down slowly. concern 【原句回放】You will tell your friends that you are concerned about him/ her. 你会告诉你的朋 友你很关心他/她。 【点拨】concern vt. 涉及，关系到，参与；(使)担心，(使)操心 concern sth. /sb. 与……有关系 We're all concerned for her safety. 我们都为她的安全担心。 These problems concern all. 这些问题牵涉到所有人。 concern oneself with/ about sb. / sth. 忙于；关心 She concerns herself with her son’s future. = She is concerned about her son’s future. 她关心他儿子的未来。 be concerned about/for sb. /sth. 使担忧；使烦恼 = be worried about sb./ sth. The experts are concerned about the growth in the world’s population. 专家们在担心世界人口的增长。 【拓展】Concerned adj. 关心的，担忧的，焦虑的，相关的（作定语需后置） ； I'm concerned that they may have got lost. 我担心他们可能已经失踪。 as/ so far as sb./ sth. is concerned =in one’s opin ion 就某人/某事物而言, 在某人看来 concer ning prep. 关于 The car is fine as fa r as the engine is concerned. 就发动机而言，这车不错。 dare 【原句回放】…I didn’t dare open a window… ??我不敢打开窗户?? 【点拨】重难点:dare 的两种用法: dare 作实义动词有人称和数的变化,意为“敢于” ，可以有各种词形变化，可用于各类句 型(肯定句、 否定句、 疑问句及各类从句等)， 其后多接带 to 的不定式， 有时 to 也可省去(尤 其是在否定句或疑问句)，可用于非谓语形式，完成时态等。 He dares to walk alone at night. 他敢晚上独自散步。 We must dare to think, speak and act. 我们必须敢想、敢说、敢做。 I wonder how he dares (to) say such things. 我纳闷他怎么竟敢说出这样的话来。 dare 作情态动词一般用于否定句、疑问句和条件句 if 和 whether，后面跟动词原形，没有 to，不用于肯定句中（除了在 I dare say…这样的习语中） 。 How dare you ask me such a ques tion？ 你怎么能问我这个问题呢？ I daren’t ask you because I thought I must be wrong. 我不敢问你，我想我肯定错了。 I don’t know whether he dare try. 巧记:情态动词 dare not do 状况慢慢平息了。
don’t dare to do
【原句回放】...the thundering clouds held me entirely in their power. ??雷电交加，我全然被 这种力量镇住了。 【点拨】power n. 能力；力量；权力 The police have the power to detain offenders. 【拓展】powerful powerless powerfully adj. 无力量的；软弱的 adv. 强大地 警察有权利拘留罪 犯。 adj. 强有力的；强大的 (形容词后缀:-ful) (否定词后缀:-less)
have the power to do 有权利做某事 electric/waterpower 电/水力；power station 发电站 come into power 掌权（动作） ；be in power 掌权（状态） suffer: 【原句回放】she suffered from loneliness, but she had t o learn to like it there. 她忍受了孤独， 但是 在那儿她不得不学着喜欢它 。 【点拨】suffer v. 遭受；忍受；经历 suffer sth 遭受痛苦, 遭受损失 suffer from… 患有 (病痛), 为……所苦 He often suffers from headaches at night. 他晚上饱受头疼之苦。 He died quickly; he didn’t suffer very much. 他很快死了，没有受很多苦。 suffer for 为??而受苦 I’ll make you suffer for this insolence. 我会使你为这种傲慢态度而吃苦头。 settle 【原句回放】 She found it difficult to settle and calm down in the hid ing place. 她发现在藏身 之处要安定并冷静下来很难。 【拓展】settle down 定居, 过安定生活； When are you going to marry and settle down? 你们什么时候结婚安顿下来？ settle down (使)安静下来, 平静下来 Wait until the children settle down before you start the lesson. 等孩子们安静下来你就开始上课。 重点短语 add up 【原句回放】Add up your score and see how many points you get. 把你的分数加起来，看你得 了多少分。 【点拨】add vt. & vi. 加，添，增加；相加；补充说
That’s all I want to say. Is there anything you’d like to add？ 我想说的就那些，你还有要补充的吗？ add...to... 把……加到/进……里
Add 6 and 6 to make 12. 六加六是十二。 Do you want to add your name to the list? 你想把名字增加到名单中吗？ add to add up to add up 增加，增添（后多接抽象名词） 加起来共计/达（不用于被动语态)
The bad weather only added to our difficulties. 坏天气增加了我们的困难。 If the tea is too strong, add some more water. 如果茶太浓了，多添点水吧 加起来总计；前后一致; 合理 His story just doesn’t add up. He must be lying. 他的故事前后不一致，他准在撒谎。 【拓展】n. addition 加；增加的人或事物 adj. additional 附加的；另外的；外加的 go th rough 【原句回放】 ..., or would not understand what you are going through? ??会不理解你目前 的处境呢？ 【点拨】go through:经历；遭受（大多是痛苦的事情） He went through a hard time while his wife was sick. 他妻子生病的时候，他经历了一段艰难的日子。 go through:仔细检查；详细讨论 The police went through the pockets of the suspected thief. 警察仔细搜查了疑似小偷的口袋。 Let's go through the plan again. go through 看完 How long will it take to go through the book? 【拓展】pass through 通过，穿过；经历，遭受 John passed through a difficult period shortly after his marriage broke down. 婚姻破裂不久, 约翰经历了一段短暂的艰难时期。 She said she was passing through Paris and would like to have a chat with me. 她说她要路过巴黎, 想跟我聊一聊。 set down 【原句回放】 I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do... 我不愿意像 大多数人那样在日记中记流水账。 【点拨】set down 放下，搁下；记下，写下 How shall I set myself down in the hotel register? 读完这本书要多少时间? go through 通过，穿过（宾语常常是立体的东西） 让我们再 详细地讨论这项计划吧。
在旅馆的登记簿上，我该如何写明自己的身份呢？ 【拓展】 set about (doing) sth. 着手（做某事） set out (to do sth.)开始，着手（做某事） set aside 留出；不顾 set back （把钟等）往回拨；推迟 set free 释放；解放 set up 开办；建立；设立 set off 动身，出发（去某地） ；使爆炸 set out 动身，出发；着手；安排，组织 set an example 树立 set fire to...=set...on fire 纵火烧??
1. As soon as she got home，she ________ preparing lunch． 2. Having said goodbye to their friends， they _________for Paris． 3. We'll certainly set_____ a complete modern industrial system.
on purpose 【原句回放】…, I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven… 不睡觉?? 【点拨】purpose n. 目的，意图； a/ the purpose in doing 做某事的目的 What is your purpose in doing this？你这样做的目的是什么？ the purpose of ……的目的 The purpose of the meeting is to elect a new captain. 这次会议的目的是选出新的队长。 on purpose 故意地，特意地 If you joke with him, he’ll think you are hurting him on purpose. 如果你跟他开玩笑，他会认为你故意伤害他。
单词词组运用巩固练习 一、单词填空 1. When learning English, it is quite important to develop the ability of____________ (交际). 2. Failing in the examination again ___________ (心烦意乱) her a lot. 3. Those who are in difficult s_________ __ usually work harder to get out of it. 4. As an e__________ of the newspaper, I should be responsible for what is printed in it. 5. He was punished by the school because of his c____________ in the exam. 6. Many t__________ are so crazy about football that they get up to watch football games at
midnight. 7. My English teacher is very friendly to us. She often gives us some a_________ on learning English. 8. It’s quite n_________ for a person to refuse the offer of help from strangers. 9. What is the r_________ for your absen ce of yesterday’s meeting? 10. Dancing with the rich in the party, he had a f_________ of being laughed at.
二、短语翻译 1. 把??加起来 ___________ 3. 平静下来 ___________ 5. 经历 ___________ 2. 遛狗 ___________ 4. 在考试中作弊 ___________ 6. 躲藏起来 ___________ 8. 一系列 _______ ____ 10. 故意 ___________
[来源:学_ 科_网 Z_X _X_K]
7. 记下 ___________ 9. 遭受；患病 ___________
[来源:学 |科 |网 Z|X|X|K]
on purpose; no longer; hide away; set down; in order to; face to face 1. I don’t know why they had to ___________ for such a long time. 2. You make it sound as if I did it ___________! 3. I think it is ___________ a secre t. It is being talked about everywhere in the town. 4. Why dare you not speak to Harry ______________? 5. You needn’t __________ everything that the teacher says in class. 6. ____________ earn enough money, he often works late into the night.
【 高清课堂：词汇精讲 unit1 P24】 It is/was the first/ second/ ...time that+现在完成时/过去完成时 【原句回放】It was the first time in a year an d a half that I’d seen the night face to face. 景色。 ） 【点拨】句中 It is/was the first/ second/ ...time that+现在完成时/过去完成时，表示“某人第 几次做某事”。 如果前面是 It is...， 后面用现在完成时； 前面是 It was...., 后面用过去完成时。 已经 有一年半的时间，我第一次和这个夜晚面对面。 （意思是即使在夜晚也不能出来看看外面的
It is / was the first /second time that sb. have/ had done sth. 省略，从句时态需用现在完成时或过去完成时。 翻译下面句子：
这是我第一次来中国。 It was the first time that I had been to China. 那是妻子第四次劝他戒烟。 It was the fourth time that his wife had persuaded him to stop smoking. 上述两个句子是指一次事件，描述的过去发生的事情，主句用的是一般过去时，从句 都用了过去完成时。 While/ when doing... 【原句回放】 While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car. 遛狗 的时候，你不够细心，狗跑开了，并且被车撞了。 【点拨】我们需要注意的是：“While walking the dog,...”意思是“While you were walking the dog,...”，其实是省略了从句部分的主语和 be 动词。
我们看看在什么情况下可以省略从句的主语和 be 动词呢？在很多状语从句中，比如时 间、条件、让步等状语从句中，如果主句的主语和从句的主语相同（比如上句中主句主语 为 you，从句主语也是 you ） ，而且从句中的谓语动词又含有 be 的某种形式（you were walking） ，从句中的主语和 be 可以省略。 我们看看下面几个句子： When I was traveling in London (=When traveling in London), I happened to meet a former classmate. 当我在伦敦旅游时，碰巧遇到一位以前的同学。 Though he is tired (= Though tired), he still keeps on writing the diary. 尽管累了，他仍然继续写日记。 She won’t attend the meeting, unless she is invited (= unless invited). 除非被邀请，否则他不会参加会议。 上面几个句子中，主句的主语和从句的主语一致，而且都含有 be 动词的某种形式，所 以我们可以省略从句的主语和 be 动词，这样能使句子显得更加简洁。 It is ... doing... 【原句回放】It’s no pleasure looking through these any longer. 观看这些已经不再是乐趣。 【点拨】 在这个句子中， It 是形式主语， looking through these 是真正的主语。 It’s no pleasure 后面如果接动词形式的话，一定是接 doing 形式。 【拓展】类似结构： It is no use doing… 做??没用 It is no good doing sth. 做某事不好/没用 It’s a waste of time/ money doing sth. 做某事是白费时间/金钱。 It’s fun doing sth. 做 某事很有趣。
上面几个句型结构都是“名词+ doing”的形式。 我们看下面几个句子，试着翻译： 为过去的事情哭泣毫无用处。 It is no use crying about the past. 穿越街道时注意车辆。 Look out for cars when (you are) crossing the street. 这是我第一次尝试潜水 (scuba diving)。 It’s the first time that I have tried scuba diving. （这个句子如果选择一般过去时，后面应 该用过去完成时。 ）
作业: 一. 学完上述单词和句型后，请同学们试着用至少三个单词、两个短语和一个句型写一篇短 文 Example: 70-year-old Mrs. Smith suffered from insomnia (失眠), so she would walk his dog at dawn sometimes . One day, while walking her dog, she heard a strange noise. She tried to ignore it, because she thought it might be some construction work being done. However, the noise got stronger and stronger and a few cars parking along the road were upset. As Mrs. Smith turned around, a plate- shaped vehicle came into her sight, shining with dazzling light.
二.单项选择 1. When first ______ to the market, these products enjoyed great success. A. introducing C. introduce B. introduced D. being introduced
2. Oh, I'm not feeling well in the stomach. I ______ so much fried chicken just now. A. shouldn’t eat C. shouldn’t have eaten 3. —Have you ever been here before? —No. This is the first time that I ______ to the Great Wall. A. comes C. came B. have been D. had come
B. mustn’t have eaten D. mustn’t eat
4. ______ five minutes ______ before the last bus lef t, we arrived at the station.
A. There were; go C. It was; left
B. With; to go D. It had; left
5. The research is so designed that once ______ nothing can be done to change it. A. begins C. beginning 6. —My children are always arguing. —______ A. Just ignore them. C. Are you sure? B. That's right. D. How old is the boy? B. having begun D. begun
7. Because he didn't finish the work on time and was fired by the company, he was very ______ about it. A. upset C. anxious B. worried D. nervous
8. Please ______ all the figures to see how much they ______. A. add; add up to C. add up; add up B. add up; add up to D. add; add to
9. All my pockets have been ______ but I can't find my keys. A. got through C. gone through B. given out D. gone down
10. He got ______ while ______ the fire. A. burning; putting out C. burning; put out B. burnt; put out D. burnt; putting out
11. —This is the first time I ______ my first picture with my own hands. —It's time that you ______ a picture for me. A. took; took C. took; will take B. have taken; took D. will take; have taken
12. It was lac k of money, not of effort, ______ defeated their plan. A. which C. that B. as D. what
13. The comments which she made ______ t he 2008 Super Voice Girl bored a lot of fans to
death. A. being concerned C. concerned B. to be concerned D. concerning
14. ______such heavy loss in the hurricane, the farmer didn't expect to have a good harvest. A. Suffering C. Suffered B. Having suffered D. To suffer
15. All these gifts must be mailed immediately ______ in time for Christmas. A. in order to have received C. so as to be received B. in order to receive D. so as to be receiving
16. The meeting was concerned _________ reforms and everyone present was concerned _______ their own interests. A. with; for A. walked A. seen
B. with; with B. walking B. seeing
C. for; about; C. walks C. see
D. about; with D. being walking D. to see
17. While _________ through the park, we saw a fine flower show. 18. When _________ from the hill, the buses look small. 19. — Do you know our town at all? — No, this is the first time I ________ here. A. had come A. fail A. suffer A. power A. dares te ll A. set down A. adds up B. am coming B. suffer B. is suffered B. strength B. dare tell B. turned down B. is added to C. came C. fall C. suffered C. force C. dare to tell C. went down C. adds up to D. have come D. lose D. suffering D. energy D. will dare to tell D. calmed down D. adds to 20. Be careful or our work will ________. 21. He ________ terribly all through his illness. 22. Young people are always active. They are full of _________. 23. I will certainly be pleased if he ____ _ us what he knows about the matter.
24. The students listened carefully and ______ what their teacher said. 25. All my money _____ no more than ten yuan, so I can’t buy the dictionary.