模拟题一 第一部分：交际用语 此部分共有 5 个未完成的对话， 针对每个对话是未完成的部分有 4 个选 项，请从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并用铅 C. Sorry, you can’t don’t know 2. —I’m terribly sorry that I made your table cl oth dirty. —______. A. Never mind B. Don’t mention it D. I
笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。 1. — Hello! May I talk to the manager about the price? — A . B. No, you can’t A. Sorry, he is out at the moment
right through it. If another car is coming from the other direction, there might be a terrible accident. Cutting another car off can make its driver angry, so that driver cuts off someone else. Pretty soon everybody is angry, and impatient.
B. you obey all the traffic rules C. you don't cut another car off D. you wait in line at a red light
10. Which of the following may be the best title for this passage? _______.
Traffic accidents declare millions of lives every year worldwide. In Taiwan alone, over seven people C. That’s right D. Sorry are killed in accidents every day. The annual death rate (年死亡率) from traffic accidents in Taiwan is 3. ― Do you mind if I open the window? twice that of Japan. To allow traffic to move smoothly and safely, ―______ I feel a bit cold. everybody must follow the rules. Before you drive, learn all the traffic laws. That way of driving is safe, A. Of course not. B. I’d rather you didn’t. convenient and even fun!
A. Traffic Safety B. Careful C. How To Drive A Car D. A Traffic Accident Passage 2 Scientists find that hard-working people live longer than average men and women. Career women are healthier than housewives. Evidence shows that the jobless are in poorer health than jobholders.
C. Go ahead.
D. Why not?
6. The word “convenient ” in the passage means ________ . A. handy, easy to do B. that can be changed C. fond of drinking and merry-making D. carriages or other trucks Why is work good for health? It is because work keeps people busy away from loneliness. Researches show that people feel unhappy, worried and lonely when they have nothing to do. Instead, the happiest are those who are busy. Many high achievers who love their careers feel that they are 7. If you cut another car off, its driver may be _______. B. A. impatient B .terrible D. C. angry D. both A and B happiest when they are working hard. Work serves as a bridge between man and reality. By work people come into with each other. By collective activity they find friendship and warmth. This is helpful to health. The loss of work means the loss of everything. It affects man spiritually and makes him ill.
4. — Excuse me, sir. Where is Dr. Smith’s office? — . A. You can’t ask me B. Good question C. Please don’t say so D. Sorry I don’t know, but you can ask the man over there 5. — Good morning, sir. May I help you? — . A. No, I don’t buy anything No, I don’t need your help C. Yes, I need some salt Oh, no. That’s Ok
第二部分：阅读理解 此部分共有 2 篇短文，每篇短文后有 5 个 问题。请从每个问题后的 A、B、C、D 四个选项 中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并用铅笔 将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。 Passage 1
8. The sentence " Traffic accidents declare millions of lives "means "_______". A. Traffic accidents make some people become millionaires B. Many people die from traffic accidents C. Millions of people say they themselves have had traffic accidents Besides, work gives one a sense of fulfillment and a sense of achievement. Word makes one feel his value and status in society. When a writer finishes his writing or a doctor successfully operates on a patient or a teacher sees his students grow, they are happy beyond words.
Driving cars, trucks and motorcycles is an important part of our lives. We do it every day to get to work, to school or to friends' houses.
D. Millions of people remain healthy after traffic accidents From the above we can come to the conclusion that the more you work the happier and healthier you 9.According to the passage, driving can be safe if will be. Let us work hard and study and live a happy and healthy life.
Driving can be very convenient, but can also cause many problems. Waiting in line at a red light, a driver may get impatient and decide just to drive
_______. A. you are patient
11. The underlined word “average” in Paragraph 1 means ______.
D. The Loss of Work Means the Loss of Everything
regarded as impolite. This is particularly true women, and even more than a man. 22
if the inquirer is
A. healthy D. poor
第三部分： A. 词汇与结构 此部分共有 5 个未完成的句子，针对每个句子中 However, it is very 23 to ask children their age, and some adults may not mind 24 either. In fact, some elderly people are quite happy to 25 their age, especially if they feel they look young 26 their age. Nevertheless, it is not very wise to ask a(n) 27 question like "How old are you?". If elderly 16. Since he left the university, he _____ in an people want to talk about their age, and perhaps receive a compliment on how young they look, they may easily 28 the topic themselves, and ask the other A. has been working B. had worked person to 29 how old they are. 30 such a question, it is quite acceptable to discuss age in a free way. C. had been working D. was working They normally expect to be complimented on their youthfulness, though rather than to be told that they 17. The weather in China is different from ____. look very old!
12. The reason why housewives are not as healthy as career women is that ______.
未完成的部分有 4 个选项，请从 A、B、C、D 四 个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并用 铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
A. housewives are poorer than career women
B. housewives have more children than career women
C. housewives have less chance to communicate with others
D. housewives eat less food than career women
13. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to Paragraph 2?
A. America in America
B. in America D. one in America
C. that of
21. A. on
A. Busy people have nothing to do at home.
18. It was not until dawn _____ their way out of the forest. so A. when they found found B. that they
22. A. that
B. High achievers don’t care about their families.
23. A. average D. unusual
C. There is no friendship and warmth at home. C. did they find D. A satisfying job helps to keep one healthy. didn’t find D. that they
24. A. being asked C. to ask D. to be asked
14. We can infer from the passage that those who do not work _____.
19. ____ he says or does won’t make me change my mind at all.
25. A. release D. remark
A. are likely to live a shorter life
A. Whatever Which D. How
C. D. at
26. A. to
B. will lose everything at home 20. We all believe that it’d be hard for him to _____ C. can live as long as those who work extra responsibilities now.
27. A. open D. direct
D. have more time to make new friends
A. take apart take on
B. take up
28. A. bring about C. bring along D. bring to
B. bring up
D. take back
15. The best title for this passage may be _____. B. 完型填空 A. People Should Find a Job 以下短文中共包含 10 个未完成的句子，针 对每个句子中空缺部分有 4 个选项，请从 A、B、 C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选 项，并用铅笔将答题卡上的相应字母涂黑。
29. A. guess D. predict
B. Working Hard Is Good for Health
30. A. For D. On
C. People Should Make More Friends by Work
In China it is relatively usual to ask people their age, but in the West this question is generally
第四部分：英译汉请在 15 分钟内把下列 3 句英文
翻译成中文，把答案写在答题纸上。 1. Do you know the man lying under the apple tree? 你认识那个在树下躺着的男人吗? 2. You will have to buy some reference books when you go to college. 你要你去上大学，买些参考书 3. More and more paper is being consumed nowadays. 现在纸的消费量越来越多 第五部分：写作 要求在 30 分钟内，根据下面所给的题目和中 文提纲用英语写出一篇不少于 80 词的短文。你给 以前的同学写一封电子邮件，信里主要包括以下 内容： 1. 了解对方毕业后的情况 2. 你的近况 3. 邀请对方方便时来访
Dear xxx, Time is flying. Long time no see. I miss you very much. Howare you doing? I wish everything has gone well with you. Do you still play football everyday? You are so good at it and a gifted player. What do you plan to do in the summer? Will you travel to somewhere during your summer or winter vacation? I would like to tell you that I am studying for the English finals. I have been working hard for it. Hopefully, I can pass it. To master English well is not an easy task, isn? t it?. It takes time and efforts. Finnally, I hope to hear from you shortly and wish you all the best. Take care.