I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字母或汉语提示， 写出所缺单词 的正确形式。 1. The man spent much of his childhood _____ (observe) birds in the wild. 2. Here they used to sit in the _____ (阴凉) through a long lazy summer’ s day. 3. What surprised me most was that the young lady b_____ bravely in the face of danger. 4. The city hall is planning to start a _____ (运动) aiming at encouraging young people to work out regularly. 5. I accepted his a_____ that taxes on cigarettes and alcohol should be increased. 6. The g_____ gap refers to the difference in attitude toward things or the lack of understanding between young people and older folks. 7. He is so d_____ to his work that the occasions are quite rare when he can spend a day with his kids. 8. The new type of telescope is i_____ for the study of the planets in outer space. 9. All the governments should take this into _____ ( 考虑), trying to balance the needs of development and the environment. 二. 选用合适的词或短语并用其适当形式填空。 look down upon, refer to, observation, audience, argument
1. Li Hua often _____ the dictionary when he doesn’t kn ow the meaning of a word. 2. Don’t _____ a student just because he has failed in an exam. 3. Most information is collected by direct _____ of the animal’s behaviour. 4. There were strong _____ against these measures, so no agreement was reached. 5. He has a special way of delighting the _____ with his performance. 三 根据汉语提示，完成下列句子。 1. Hearing the news, the general commanded his troops to _____ ( 起程) at dawn. 2. Only by knowing yourself _____ (你才能希望) to become an effective leader. 3. No matter what you do, _____ (一旦开始), you must continue. 4. The people in Libya have gone through so many wars and they dream of _____ (过和平的生活). 5. Some people _____ (全然不顾) the speed limit and consequently are fined. 6. My mother ________ (偶然遇见) an old friend of hers yesterday while she was shopping at the department store. 7. Yang Mi insists that fortune favors only the prepared mind and nobody’s success happens ________ (碰巧).
8. He ignored the doctor ’s advice and ________ (继续) smoking. 9. His new album ________ (发行) and became a hit online almost overnight. 10. An old county doctor went out of her way to ________ (接生) in a small village.
I. 1. observing 4. campaign 8. intended 二 1. refers to 3. observation 三，1. move off
2. shade 5. argument
3. behaved 6. 1. generation 7. devoted
9. consideration 2. look down upon 4. arguments 5. audience 2. can you hope 4. leading a peaceful life 6. came across 7. by chance
3. once you begin 5. have no respect for
8. carried on / went on
9. came out
10. deliver a baby